Professional development opportunities designed to address the needs of new teachers are an essential component of induction programs. The New Teacher Professional Development Kit provides the resources you need to design a comprehensive new teacher professional development program for your school or district.
The kit is designed to be used with the text Why Didn’t I Learn This in College? The focus questions are:
- What is a learning-centered environment and how do I create such an environment?
- How do I translate “beginning with the end in mind” into planning and pacing for the year, the unit, and the lesson?
- What are systems, procedures, and routines for organizing my professional and instructional materials, the learners, and the classroom learning environment?
The kit includes:
- New Teacher Professional Development Facilitator’s Handbook in hard copy and on CD-ROM. Download a list of the 50 learning experiences and a few examples of the teaching notes included for each learning experience.
- New Teacher Professional Development Participant’s Manual in hard copy and on CD-ROM.
- A copy of Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?
- A copy of Strategies in Action: A Collection of Classroom Applications
- A copy of The 21st Century Mentor’s Handbook
- A copy of Instruction for All Students
- A selection of DVDs including classroom exemplars of best practice
- CD-ROM of Visual Tools (an expanded collection of JPEG and PDF files)
- Why Didn’t I Learn This in College? Scavenger Hunt Cards
- What Do You Do When... Cards featuring new teacher challenges and concerns
A flat rate of $49 is applied via UPS Ground. If you need your order to arrive faster, call us at 800-940-5434.
Information for orders outside of North America.
Publication date 2009
Download the Why Didn't I Learn This in College? Workshop Flyer