The Mentoring in the 21st Century® Resource Kit provides the tools you need to design and implement a comprehensive mentoring program for your school or district. When you use this kit, complete with suggested session outlines and learning exercises, and learning tools (including DVDs) for workshop sessions, you are able to replicate the three-day institutes we offer across the country or use the resources to design half-day, one-day, or multiple-day mentoring workshops and follow up sessions.
The kit includes:
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Facilitator's Handbook
on CD-ROM and in hard copy
The Mentoring in the 21st Century® Facilitator's Handbook is designed to be used in multiple ways. It includes everything you need to recreate Just ASK's three-day Mentoring in the 21st Century® Institute, to design your own half-day, full-day, or multiple-day workshops, and to design follow-up sessions to initial training. All participant materials are included on the CD-ROM.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Participant’s Manual
on CD-ROM and in hard copy
The Mentoring in the 21st Century® Participant’s Manual is used in Just ASK’s three-day Mentoring in the 21st Century® Institute. ASK Group consultants also use it in their one and three day mentoring workshops. The Facilitator’s Handbook includes detailed teaching notes for use with the Participant’s Manual. All the transparencies, videos, newsletters, and charts used in the three-day institute are included in the resource kit. Copies of the Participant’s Manual may be ordered from Just ASK or you may create your own by using the CD-ROM of the contents.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Visuals Tools
The Mentoring in the 21st Century® Visuals Tools in the resource kit contains all the visuals available in our standard collection plus several additional visuals available only in the resource kit presented on a CD-ROM so that you can easily create color handouts, PowerPoint Slides, transparecncies, or additional wall charts for use in your workshops.
- Mentoring in the 21st Century® Poster Pack
- A copy of The 21stCentury Mentor’s Handbook
- A copy of Instruction for All Students
- A copy of Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?
- Points to Ponder (Just ASK Publications)
A collection of inspirational and instructional clips with powerful music, quotes, and light-hearted humor.
- Collegial Conversations (Just ASK Publications)
Real world examples of mentoring new teachers that model best practices in coaching, collaboration, and consulting. A must for induction programs!
- Helping New Teachers Succeed (NTC)
- Lesson Collection: Primary Math (ASCD)
- How to Scaffold Instruction for Student Success (ASCD)
- How to Use Interactive Notebooks (ASCD)
- How to Co-teach to Meet Diverse Student Needs (ASCD)
- The Mentoring in the 21st Century® Resource Kit also includes What Do You Do When…? and Scavenger Hunt cards for use in your professional development workshops. They provide your mentors with real world scenarios to discuss, and reference strategies explained in the books Why Didn’t I Learn This in College? and Instruction for All Students.
A flat rate of $49 is applied via UPS Ground. If you need your order to arrive faster, call us at 800-940-5434.
Information for orders outside of North America.
Publication date 2008
Download the Mentoring in the 21st Century Workshop Flyer