Our foundational text Instruction for All Students has been updated to reflect the Common Core initiative and to connect the research-based strategies in that text to the instructional shifts needed in order for the Common Core to make a difference in the learning of our students.
Instruction for All Students makes explicit connections between the research-based strategies in the book with the requirements of the Common Core, provides resources for actively engaging students and multiple approaches to lesson and unit design.
What Is New?
- An up-to-the-minute review of initiatives, including the Common Core State Standards, that are in the news and influencing our thinking
- Clearly articulated purposes for each of the strategies for actively engaging students
- A greater focus on the range of diversity in our classrooms and strategies for working with all students
- Strategies for vocabulary development and supporting struggling readers
- Multiple approaches to lesson and unit design with a focus on using the standards-based planning process
- Cutting-edge information on technology integration
- Thought-provoking information on formative assessment
- An expanded focus on 21st century thinking skills that promote rigor and relevance
- An array of formats for creating learning communities and opportunities for job-embedded learning and collegial collaboration
The Common Core Special Edition of Instruction for All Students includes a CD-ROM with copyright-free resources such as issues of Making the Common Core Come Alive!, teacher tools and templates, student tools and templates, and exemplar units.