Instruction for All Students™
A Six-Day Workshop Series
Instruction for All Students, a six-day series, begins with an overview of the initiatives that are in the news and influencing our thinking as we implement instructional programs that lead to the achievement of high standards by all students. An important goal of the workshop series is for participants to become comfortable with and build skills at using the standards-based planning process.
Participants learn to:
- Go beyond planning how to teach facts to planning around concept-based essential understanding
- Extend their thinking about assessment beyond an event at the end of learning to a continuum of assessment opportunities embedded in the instructional process
- Use task analysis and pre-assessment to identify the learning experiences most likely to lead to student success
- Use best practice in instruction to engage learners in active meaningful learning experiences
- Use student work to assess not only student learning but the effectiveness of the instructional program
- What do schools look like when they organize around the achievement of high standards by all students?
- What makes planning for teaching and learning in a standards-based environment different from planning for teaching and learning in a non-standards based environment? Why are these differences significant?
- How can we Frame the Learning so that the what, why, and how of the learning are clear to learners?
- What are the ways that we can engage our learners in active, meaningful learning?
- How can we structure learning experiences so that instruction, learning, and assessment are integrated?
- How do we ensure balance and appropriateness in the design, selection, and use of a wide range of classroom assessment tools?
- How do we design summative assessment tasks that are rigorous, valid, authentic, and engaging?
- How do we incorporate best practice into lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and reading?
Contact Just ASK for more information.
Check out what people are saying about our workshops.