Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Teacher Induction Program (TIP)
July 26-27, and November 14, 2013
Teaching and Learning in the 21st Century with Paula Rutherford
Paula, who is a Senior Consultant with Just ASK Publications and Professional Development and author of Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?, returns to work with our new teachers as they begin their careers with the Department of Catholic Schools. All participants will receive a copy of Paula’s book, Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?, and a packet of workshop materials.
Teachers participating in these highly interactive TIP sessions will leave with
- A plan for the first week of school
- A comprehensive list of procedures and routines to put in place so that their classrooms are organized for learning
- An expanded repertoire of active learning strategies they can use to help students access prior knowledge, process their learning, make personal connections, set purpose for reading, and build vocabulary
- Multiple ways to check for understanding and to gather and use formative assessment data
- An array of options for scaffolding instruction for students lacking in background knowledge, second language learners, and students with other learning challenges
- Strategies for creating a learning-centered environment that is welcoming, safe, non-threatening, yet appropriately challenging
Click here for more information and to register for TIP.