The author of our newest e-newsletter, Professional Practices, is Marcia Baldanza who lives in Arlington, Virginia, and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Marcia recently retired from the School District of Palm Beach County, Florida, where she was an Area Director for School Reform and Accountability; she is now a Just ASK Senior Consultant.
In this monthly e-newsletter, she examines research from multiple fields to help school district leaders improve, enhance, and increase staff and student performance. Some reoccurring features include the unpacking of the recently published Professional Standards for Educational Leaders 2015, School Improvement Tools and Tips, Show Me the Money, Making Meetings Matter, and What Do You Do When… ?, an exploration of a problem of practice. Marcia uses her more than 25 years of experience as a teacher, turnaround principal, director of state and federal programs, director of school reform and accountability, supervisor of principals, and mom to offer practical strategies and insightful reflections from the field to help answer the powerful and essential questions embedded in Just ASK publications.
- What do districts, schools, and classrooms look like when they are organized around a commitment to the achievement of high standards by all students?
- What is my role in creating, implementing, and maintaining such a district, school, and classroom?
- What do districts, schools, and classrooms look like when all the adults are committed to the success of all other adults?
- What do districts, schools, and classrooms look like when they are results oriented?
- What do districts, schools, and classrooms look like when all the stakeholders are committed to continuous improvement no matter how well they are already doing?