Join your colleagues from across the nation at Just ASK’s Mentoring in the 21st Century® Institute in Washington, D.C., April 18, 19 and 20, 2018. The goal of this three-day institute, limited to 25-35 participants, is to assist educators in building their capacity for supporting new teachers in ways that help them be fully qualified and fully satisfied.
- Fully qualified means that both new teachers and experienced teachers new to the district can demonstrate competency with the professional performance standards identified by their district and can, therefore, have a significant impact on student learning.
- Fully satisfied means that both new teachers and experienced teachers new to the district feel supported, valued, and productive as people and professional educators and, therefore, not only stay in the teaching profession but continue to teach in the schools to which they are assigned.
- Who are the new teachers?
- What are their challenges and concerns?
- What can we do to support new teachers around these challenges and concerns?
- When do these challenges and concerns develop?
- What are formats for mentoring interactions?
- What are our peer observation possibilities?
- What should we be looking for in classrooms?
- What constitutes growth-producing feedback?
- How do we all work together to support new teachers?
About the Institute Leader
Paula Rutherford’s books on teaching, learning and leading have sold over 500,000 copies.
Paula Rutherford, President of Just ASK Publications & Professional Development (Just ASK) and a senior Just ASK Consultant, lives in the Washington, D.C. area. She is the author of multiple books including
- Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?
- The 21st Century Mentor’s Handbook
- Instruction for All Students
- Leading the Learning: A Field Guide for Supervision and Evaluation
- Meeting the Needs of Diverse Learners
- Active Learning and Engagement Strategies.
- Creating a Culture for Learning: Your Guide to PLCs and More
Space is limited, so register early.
Individual Fee: $450
Early Bird Individual Fee: $425
Deadline for early bird rate is March 31, 2018
A copy of The 21st Century Mentor’s Handbook, Why Didn’t I Learn This in College?, and Mentoring in the 21st Century ® Participant’s Manual, breakfast, and lunch are included in the institute registration fee.
Wednesday, April 18 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Thursday, April 19 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday, April 20 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pay by check, credit card, or purchase order.
The Carlyle Club
2050 Ballenger Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22314
There are several hotels in close proximity to the institute site. Click here for multiple choices with price range, distance from the event site, and contact information for each.
For questions, please call Just ASK Publications at 800-940-5434.
For cancellation notifications made less than 30 days prior to the institute start date, registration fees, less a $25 processing fee, will be refunded. We recommend substitutions for those who cannot attend. Just ASK reserves the right to cancel the event. If the event is cancelled, registrants will be reimbursed for registration fees only.
Can’t make the Institute? Schedule one in your school or district!